Export to private entity in Iraq Commercial Invoice/ Certificate of Origin Legalization
US Arab Chamber of Commerce provides expedited document legalization service for Commercial Invoice / Certificate of Origin for use in Iraq. The CO - CI must be properly certified by the local Secretary of State office before you can request our expedited service for Iraq.
USACC will obtain authentication from US Department of State, then embassy legalization from Iraqi Embassy in Washington DC.
|Service Requested||Set of (CI and CO)||Single document (CO) OR (CI)|
|Expedited service fee||$150.00||$100.00|
|US Department of State fee||$16.00||$8.00|
|Iraq Embassy fee||$320.00||$160.00|
|Processing Time||10 business days||10 business days|
Please Read carefully
If you are exporting to the Iraqi Government, you must complete the following instructions:
- The CO and CI must contain the contact information of the US manufacturer or exporter including name, address, day-time phone number and fax number.
- The CO and CI must contain the contact information of the importer in Iraq including name and address.
- The CO and CI must be notarized by local notary public, then certified by the respective Secretary of State where the notary is licensed.
- The CO and CI must be certified by local Chamber of Commerce in the same State where the document was certified.
- The exported products must be manufactured in the United States.
- In case the CO / CI consist of multiple pages, You must number the pages as:( page 1 of 2, page 2 of 2).
- If the Commercial Invoice amount exceeded $1000000.00 , you must include a copy of your contact and Letter of Credit.
If the exported products are food or drugs, you must certify a separate Health Certificate and include one of the following certificates:
- A separate Health Certificate
- A copy of the bill of lading for goods
- A copy of the Inspection Certificate
- A copy of the insurance policy
In case You need to certify a Commercial Invoice only:
The Iraqi commercial office does not certify a Commercial Invoice without a Certificate of Origin.
Only if you already have certified the certificate of origin of this invoice, then you must send us a copy of it with the certification.
Products on the C/O must match products on the C/I. The invoice must list the certificate of origin number.
In case you need to certify a Certificate of Origin only:
The certificate of Origin must include all the previous requirements
The customer must include a copy of the invoice. If the invoice amount exceeds $1,000,000.00 you must also send a copy of your contact and letter of credit.
Request our Expedited Service
Customers must send documents that have been already certified by local Secretary of State office. Failure to do that will result in rejecting the request for Iraq embassy legalization.
- Documents destined for use in Iraq properly certified by local Secretary of State.
- Iraq legalization request form, including your basic contact information and the State where the document was issued.
- A check or money order payable to “ US Arab Chamber of Commerce”
- A prepaid self-addressed return envelope from FedEx, DHL, or USPS with a tracking number
Send the package to our address at:
Iraq Embassy Legalization
3521 International Ct. N.W.,
Washington D.C. 20008, United States
T: 202 347-5800